Get One Number for Life with Grand Central
Grand Central is a Google acquired web app whose aim is to link your phones together and help them do more. They will give you” one number… for life” – this number will not be tied to your cell phones or your location – it will be tied to you.
There are lots of cool features that Grand Central is offering:
- You can check your messages by phone, email or online.
- You can easily switch phones in the middle of a phone call.
- Instead of deleting your messages in your phone, you can keep them online forever.
- You can record your phone calls and store them online.
- Click to dial from your address book.
- Create a customized voicemail greeting for your callers.
- Forward, download, and add notes to your messages
- You can receive voicemail notifications via email or SMS.
- Have the ability to quickly (and secretly) block an annoying caller. You can screen callers and hear what they have to say before picking up. This is made possible through the ListenIn feature. You can also blacklist a caller so that he/she will not bother you anymore.
- Another cool feature is the ability to add a WebCall button to your website or blog for people to call you. Your number stays private and you can use all the normal GrandCentral screening, blocking, forwarding, and other features that put you in control. The WebCall button takes care of connecting the call to you after getting the caller’s number. You can use the WebCall button for constant updates on what you are doing. Just set phone forwarding on your WebCall button to go to voicemail (so your phone isn’t always ringing) and then update your WebCall voicemail greeting as frequently as you like. Callers will hear the latest message you have when they call and can even leave messages for you. Expect to see a lot of online marketers to utilize this feature in the near future. It’s a great feature to add to marketing websites to bring updates to users and potential customers.
Grand Central is new and only provides service in the United States and currently handles a few users. The company is growing and it is only a matter of time for Grand Central to extend their service outside the states. You can however sign up and have a number reserved for you. You will receive an email notification when the service is made available to your country.