PwGen: Strong Password Generator
Having a hard time thinking of a password for your online account? Try PwGen. It’s a web service that helps you generate strong passwords depending on your characters of choice.
PwGen lets you choose the password length with a minimum of 4 characters and a maximum of 32. You can select if you want it only in lower case letters or with a mix of low and upcase characters. You can also add numbers and special characters in your generated password by simply adding a check on what character type will suit you.
Each time you press generate, PwGen will produce up to 45 random passwords for you to choose from. It also allows you to create a master password or a slave password depending on your purpose.
They also offer some guidelines in creating a strong password.
• Be seven or fourteen characters long, due to the way in which encryption works. For obvious reasons, fourteen characters are preferable.
• Contain both uppercase and lowercase letters.
• Contain numbers.
• Contain symbols, such as +-*@#%=?!_;.
• Not resemble any of your previous passwords.
• Not be your name, your friend’s or family member’s name, or your login.
• Not be a dictionary word or common name.
PwGen’s privacy terms states that they never keep the generated passwords and never uses cookie. Thinking of your own unique password is still best but if you are ever in need of a strong password, check out PwGen.