How To Copy and Move Files Faster on Windows 7
There’s no actual tweak for this one. In order to make Windows 7 (also Vista and XP) copy files faster, all you need is this lightweight software called TeraCopy. It’s a compact program designed to copy and move files at the maximum possible speed while providing the user with extra features to boot.
What makes TeraCopy worth the download?
• Copy files faster. TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times. Asynchronous copy speeds up file transfer between two physical hard drives.
• Pause and resume file transfers. Pause copy process at any time to free up system resources and continue with a single click.
• Error recovery. In case of copy error, TeraCopy will try several times and in the worse case just skip the file, not terminating the entire transfer.
• Interactive file list. TeraCopy shows failed file transfers and lets you fix the problem and recopy only problem files.
• Shell integration. TeraCopy can completely replace Explorer copy and move functions, allowing you work with files as usual.
• Full Unicode support.
• Windows 7 x64 support.