Evolver is an avatar creator that provides a solution to bring together 3D modeling, consumer ease of use, and fully interoperable avatars. This simply means that you can use the tool to design, manage and transport digital avatars that can be easily deployed anywhere in internet that allows you to do so.
You can start by selecting a pre made avatar from their gallery or start with a blank avatar and create one from scratch. The 3D avatar molder is very easy to use. If you’re familiar with online games and Facebook apps that allow you to design your game avatars, you won’t have a problem using this one. The only difference is that Evolver’s avatar creator provides a detailed approach to the design.
If you don’t feel like going through the creation process from scratch, you can use your photo and create a clone of yourself or your friend by simply uploading a photo and let Evolver engine handle the 3D avatar creation. You only need to comply with the requirements of the engine for it to do its job properly.
Image Requirements when creating a 3D version of your photo
• The photo should show a clear front view with your nose pointing at the camera.
• Mouth must be closed and in a relaxed expression.
• Eyes must be wide open and looking straight ahead.
• The entire face must be in the photo.
• Flash lighting is preferred, but should not be overly bright.
• Images must be in color.
• Glasses must be removed.
• Hair should not cover the forehead.
• Avoid shadows on the face.
• Upload only JPEG files with a 600px minimum height ( > 400px between eyes and chin recommended) and 100kb minimum size ( > 500kb recommended)
Use the service as a central portal to design, manage and transport digital avatars that can be deployed in virtual worlds, online games, social networks, video clips, greeting cards, mobile apps. You can also use your creation(s) in professional animation and pre-visual projects. Choose to take the long and detailed process or make one in just a few clicks through your photo. Your choice.