DrPic, formerly PicResize is a Free and very easy to use image editor. It began as a small college project and evolved into a full-fledged web application. If you’re looking for an alternative to offline image editors, this might just do the trick for you. No registration is needed and it’s free. You can start editing right away upon landing on their main page.
DrPic is packed with features that you can use to make simple photo enhancements/editing. I won’t elaborate much on the features because most of them are self explanatory. Instead, I’ll just provide the list of features along with the tool-tips found on each tool on DrPic.
- Resize: This allows you to change the dimension of your pictures
- Crop: Trim down unwanted portions of your image.
- Rotate: Turn your picture around on its side or upside down.
- Brightness/Contrast: Increase/decreas luminance of your picture.
- AutoFix: Will adjust the brightness/contrast of your pictures according to DrPic’s standards
- Brush: Draw lines
- Text: Insert Text
- Gaussian Blur: Allows you to create out of focus effects on your picture.
- Sharpen: Adds focus to your picture
- Raise: Allows you to add a translucent 3D outer bevel effect to your image.
- Raised Frame: Add a 3D colored frame to your picture
- Polaroid: apply a unique Polaroid effect to your picture
- Oil Paint: apply an oil paint effect
- Spread: Add noise to your picture
- GrayScale: Eliminate color
The image editor also have an undo and redo feature which is a must have for image editors. There’s also a “revert to original” tool and a “selection/deselect” tool which works great with the other tools mentioned above. DrPic will allow you to save your images in BMP, JPG, GIF and PNG format in different sizes/quality.
If ever you are in need of an online picture editor for your photo enhancements, DrPic is a great web app to check out.