Installing WordPress on Godaddy
If you have chosen a WordPress friendly domain host then you will have no problem installing WordPress they will be the one to do it for you. If you have chosen a host like Godaddy then read on.
(Note: these steps should only be taken if you already have set up a hosting account in Godaddy. )
1. Download the WordPress files from wordpress.org and extract.
2. Go to your account on www.GoDaddy.com
3. Click on Hosting Account List Under My products.
4. The hosting account control panel should appear. Click open. Then a new page will appear for Hosting Control Center.
5. Click the Databases dropdown, you will see there a MYSQL icon.
6. After clicking the my SQL icon, you can now create your new database.
7. Choose which version you want to use. If you are not familiar with SQL then just choose the latest version. Note: list down the username and password for your database because you are going to need it later for the WordPress installation.) It would take a few min for go daddy to create your new database.
8. After your database is ready go back and check your newly created database. Under the Action column you will see a pen icon click it to edit or view details. List down the host name.
9. Now that you are all set go to your extracted WordPress files and open the file wp-config-sample.php. edit the following fields.
define(‘DB_NAME’, ‘putyourdbnamehere‘); // The name of the database
define(‘DB_USER’, ‘usernamehere‘); // Your MySQL username
define(‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘yourpasswordhere‘); // …and password
// 99% chance you won’t need to change this value. Enter the host name which you listed back in step 8.
Save your file as wp-config.php removing the -sample.
10. Now go back to Godaddy and click the content button. Under content you should find a FTP Client Icon. Click the icon and start transferring your WordPress files unto the root directory of your server. Note: do not transfer the WordPress folder. Select all the files inside the WordPress folder and then begin the transfer. It should take some time before all the files are transferred.
11. After all the files are transferred then you are all set! Just type-in www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin/install.php. Place an email add and a password will be given to you. Now you can stop reading this tutorial and start blogging. Enjoy!